Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring didn't arrive!

 Spring didn't arrive in our neighbourhood today....no, we got 18" of snow and it's still falling heavily.  I'm jealous of those of you who have spring blooms coming up :)  I had to make a disappearing 4 patch for guild last month, so I decided on a baby quilt in '30s fabrics. I love the pop of solid orange around the blocks. I used 6 1/2" squares to start my 4 patches. It'll be for my hope chest....in hopes that one day I'll have some lovely grandchildren....(no pressure boys lol!) I just want to be prepared :)
 How do you like my new little storage bin? I had seen a similar one on facebook, can't remember where, and roughly sketched out the design so Mr. RQ could make me one. Oh, and the handle, a spindle from an old stairway railing that we salvaged from a house that was being torn down..imagine that, another re-purposed item lol!
 I had the pleasure of quilting this customer's lovely jelly race quilt. I love her fabric choices and the variety. It's not quite as "blended" a look as some of them have, like mine.
 The kitties are growing like crazy. Lou, the long haired, is  8 months old now and the tortoiseshell, Liara, is just a tiny little girl for 9 months.  They are so funny and keep us laughing every day.  Laughing everyday is certainly good for the soul and keeps you young :)
I've been wanting to show you all some of the fun I had before Christmas working on wool things.  I don't know which I enjoyed more...the pennies or the stockings. I have to get working on some more for little gifties.

Sorry to my followers that you had to read some nasty stuff yesterday. 

God Bless and Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the wooden bin, and seeing kitties too!!

MARCIE said...

So fun to see all the cute stuff you are making! And love the box your hubby made for you. So fun!

Heather said...

busy girl you've been. Aren't the disappearing 4 patches fun. I played with them a few weeks ago, three different variations. I wrote a post about them
http://www.heatherpearson.com/2013/03/needlework-tuesday-disappearing-4-patch.html

Shelley said...

cool Heather, i will check them out

Sinta Renee said...

I love seeing your furry friends! I wish my hubby was talented like that... your bin is super cute.

Anonymous said...

Read your post today...you go girl! You tell em!

paulette said...

Shelley, I too went back and re-read the comments...and they sickened me!! It is no ones business what you do with any of your possessions!! There are some very sick people out there...ignore them and go on! You hold your head up and be proud of what you and hubby did!! I personally loved everything that you made (I even pinned some!!) and can't believe that you continue to be attacked over something as silly as this!!
Some people have too much time on their hands!!
I'm with Mary...you GO GIRL!!
Big Hug!
P

Health is Wealth said...


Apna Showroom Baby Woolen Sweaters Frock Skirt Dress (18-24 Months Orange) Skirt Frockwith desent Look
Apna Showroom Baby Sweaters Frock Skirt Dress -18-24 Months (1-2 Years) Pink Skirt Frock with desent Look
Apna Showroom Nylon pantyhose stretchable stockings for women - pack of 4 stockings for girls Black desent look
Newborn Baby Sweaters 0-3 Months Combo Set Boys or Girlswith desent Look - Designer - Fancy - Attractive Apna_Showroom
Apna Showroom Baby's Cotton Panties/Bloomers/Underwear (Multicolour, 1-2 Years)-12 Pieces.with desent Look
Woolen Winter Cap for Baby Combo (Pack of 3) 5 Years to 10 Years |Red White and Blue Winter Cap for Babies
Apna Showroom Baby Girls' Plastic Hair Clips Claw Clutcher (Multicolour)-35 Pieces with desent look