Friday, August 26, 2011

Prepping for Irene

Well, according to this morning's hurricane tracking, everyone on the East Coast can expect some bad weather over the next 3 days.

I hope all my wonderful blog friends are getting prepared with all the essentials plus some handwork to do if the power goes out.  Hopefully, the damage will be minimal and everyone will be safe.  You will all be in my thoughts and prayers until she passes.

We got a new mattress this week.  Our old one was 23 years old and it has had the biscuit.  The new one is one of those extra deep ones and I feel like I'm sleeping in the Princess and the Pea bed lol! I don't know if I'll be able to get used to it but the biggest thing is....My quilts don't fit!! Oh, they cover the top and come down the sides some but I still see lots of mattress!  So, what is one to do?.....

Guess I will have to dig out the old quilt books and visit the stash :) Or, go thru all my unquilted tops and see if I have one that just wouldn't stop growing....you know the kind...the ones that just need one more border before it'll look done.  I think some of them just grow their own borders while they hang in the closet waiting to be done, like they are punishing me for not finishing them sooner LOL!


Happy Stitching and Keep safe with Irene!



No comments: