Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's going to be okay

It's gonna be okay.  That's what I keep telling myself, over and over and over. We're getting down to the nitty gritty nasty part of all the treatments and it's hard. Hard to watch, hard to deal with, hard to stay positive in the quiet hours of night.....hard on David and hard on me but in different ways.  His throat and mouth are very very painful...difficult to drink, eat, swallow, talk...although, if you asked him how's it going he will say oh, it's fine.  Only 7 radiation treatments left, 1 chemo on Tuesday and if we never ever have to stay another night in that smelly, rotten hospital again that'll be just fine with me!!!

David does have a specially medicated mouthwash/rinse/and swallow stuff that he takes but it doesn't help much at this point.  It would be similar in texture to the milk of magnesia that someone suggested.  He does drink the calorie plus Ensure but it's very hard to even swallow liquid at this point.  He literally forces himself to do and I just can't imagine how much it hurts :(

On the brighter side, reading all your wonderful comments today lifted my spirits.  And, a very big surprise!!!! I won the contest over on Quilttimes celebrating Sue's new book!  I had this book in my hands not an hour ago (it's new at the Christmas Crab Quiltery) and it has some absolutely wonderful patterns in it.  It's one of those books that has patterns where you want to make them all not just one or two!  I highly recommend it as it would be a great addition to your collection!
I just can't wait to go shopping with my $50 at 1 Choice 4 Quilting!  Shawna carries some really nice stuff and you should go over and see her shop too! I kinda know already what I want to buy LOL!

If you like to enter contests, and I mean, come on who doesn't!,  Polly over at Aunt Polly's Porch is having a great contest to giveaway a GO! Baby.  I'd love to have a GO! Baby!!!!  So run on over and enter!

I did spend some "me" time this morning catching up on some blog reading and there are some very awesome things going on out there!  I find it so hard to relax when we get home for the weekend...my routine is all out of sorts and everything seems so discombobulated...I just fumble around not knowing what to do or where to start which makes it hard because I don't function well without routine.  I'm sure it will take me a couple of weeks to get into the schedule of things again after we are done in Saint John.  

Keep it simple and happy!

No comments: