Tuesday, February 8, 2011

If I Fall Asleep....zzzzzz

I'm back!  From quilt retreat that is...if I fall asleep while writing this it's because I am exhausted lol!  Man oh man, four days is a lot of sewing!  If I close my eyes, I can still hear the humming of 33 sewing machines going all at the same time!  We had a ball of fun...those Keswick Ridge girls are all a hoot!  The trouble they can get you into lol! 
This is what your butt looks like after sitting on it for 4 days of sewing...wrinkled and covered with thread lol!  The owner of this butt will remain anonymous...after all, I want to be able to go again!
I think I must be getting too old for such events....I can hardly move and want to sleep for a week!  Here is some show and tell from the weekend..

 Elaine's magnificent star quilt...the star blocks are paper pieced..it was beautiful!
 Autumn leaves by Janet...
 Fun and bright by Gaynelle
 An awesome One Block Wonder...
 Mapleleafs and stars...this wall with these beautiful quilts were in my line of vision every time I looked up!
 I loved the blue and brown and the simplicity of this quilt...so sweet!
 Ella's Irish Chain...
 Linda's Apple Bar....
 Jesse's (I think that's her name!) bag...I love the fabric!

While on retreat, we had visitors....First, Ms. Iva Thimble...
Iva Thimble visits us every year bringing us tips on various whatever...last year she had just returned from the Olympics....This year she was feeling very zen and had us doing rhythmic humming and breathing to relax...And knowing she was coming to see us, she especially had her hair done..I think she must have been choosing from the Phylis Dyler Hairstyles book lol!  Iva Thimble always brings us treats...I think she has Avon connections ;)  We sure enjoyed you Iva and thanks for visiting!  I'll blog about our other special guest next time plus some more retreat pictures.  Happy stitching!






6 comments:

Darlene said...

A fabulous group of talented women. I think you need a nap or two. LOL

Barb said...

You just cracked me up with that butt......so funny.

Thanks for showing all the projects, truly enjoyed them!

Marj said...

Thanks for taking time to share.

Betty Lou said...

Retreats are so much fun, but exhausting. Looks like every one was very productive. Get some sleep now, night--night.

Brooke said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Certainly some stellar inspiration there! I love to see the variety of projects and fabrics at events like that.

Thelma said...

Super Bowl weekend seems to be a popular weekend for retreats, several bloggers were attending them. You had some very talented quilters at your retreat, love seeing all the projects!