Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Quilt Show!

A quilt show!! I am a very spontaneous person and Friday noon I decided I would like to go to Augusta, ME for the state quilt show.  I was packed in half an hour, rented a car and 4 hours later, I'm there!:)  Well, almost...I did stop over night in Bangor then drove on to Augusta in the a.m, but the trip is still only 4 hours.   Maine Quilts is the largest quilt show we have around here that I can drive to in a reasonable amount of time.  I have been in a quilting funk lately and was hoping the show would be just the ticket to motivate me....you know, the whole immerse yourself in the hustle, bustle and excitement of 800 other quilters..if that don't work, then there's no hope! LOL!

Here I am, EARLY  Sat. a.m, first in line!:)  Yeehaw!! See, I am holding up my finger...#1!  Mr. RQ took the picture...he needs some lessons :)! on how to zoom in...yeah, okay...                        First,  I want to say that the photos I am sharing don't even begin to show you the variety and types of quilts shown at this show.  I take pictures of what I like, what I am drawn to, and I like quilts of a very traditional nature and I like color.  There were 873 quilts on display....I was blown away by them!:)  Click on the photos to enlarge them!  Enjoy :)!


That's it!  Did you think you would see it all today! LOL!  More tomorrow!  Then, I'll show you what I bought :)  Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Cathi said...

Oooh, lucky you being so close to there! Thanks for sharing some of the photos -- there are some beauties there.

Anonymous said...

Well then...I'll have to come back tomorrow to see more!!

Barb said...

great quilt photos - can't wait to see more!
wonderful blog - just added you to my subs. list.

Diane H said...

Now that's inspiration!

Kaaren said...

Thanks for sharing all that inspirational eye candy. Beautiful work by some very talented people.