Friday, June 25, 2010

Tomorrow!

In my last post, I said "more quilty stuff tomorrow!" Well, I don't know what happened to tomorrow except that it's now several yesterdays ago!LOL! And there is no quilty stuff either! I am, however, sharing some photos of my beautiful peonies which bloomed this week. They were huge, gorgeous, and smelled heavenly! The double whites...if I could bottle their scent, I'd be a millionaire!

The single pinks are very pretty but lose their petals very quickly, almost as soon as you cut them. See the little ant in this one! Did you know peonies won't bloom without the help of ants!

Yesterday, at the quilt shop, we had a fun 50th birthday party for the owner, JoAnn. There were 3 scrumptiously delicious(translate fattening!LOL) cakes, tea and a cold raw veggie pizza which was very tasty. Now, I know there are some people out there in blogland right now who are boycotting raw veggies(see here, June 11) but I KNOW if they tried this pizza, they(Kim) would be convinced of their usefulness! Having your birthday at a quilt shop is something every quilter should do!! You arrive, eat cake, have LOTS of friends drop in (so they can, of course, shop for your birthday present from your wish list while they're there!), have tea, laugh lots, eat more cake, did I mention quilty gifts, and leave the cleanup to someone else! Sounds like the perfect birthday to me!
One last photo...I couldn't let poor Kim over at Kim's Big quilting Adventure suffer any longer being the only person with a nude self portrait on her blog! I wasn't quite brave enough to do a full nude, so, here's my partially nude self portrait! I had my nails done especially for the photo shoot! LOL :) Two more grad parties and hopefully back to normal next week! Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Cute toes - neat photograph!
Growing up in Canada I was used to having peonies around during the summer - I miss them, especially after seeing you shoots, even with the ant....
Do you have the raw vegie pizza - I need to make one up for Kim and surprise her with it....

Cathi said...

Those are gorgeous peonies!! They are my favourite flower.