Thursday, June 3, 2010

OH, the WAIT....

the wait, the WAITING is killing me!LOL! Miss Bunny Hill will not take pity on me and post the 6th BOM early, and May was extra long, and I am so not waiting patiently anymore! :) The only thing I could think to do is get out my finished blocks so far and give you all a peek! I still have buttons and such to put on but that will have to wait until the quilting is done. I have been using a new fusing called Softfuse for this applique. I really like it as I can hand buttonhole stitch thru it like butter and I can tell that a person could hand quilt thru it also. If you haven't started this free BOM from Bunny Hill, click on the button on my sidebar and it will take you there.
It has rained so hard the past 24 hours, had our first crack of thunder and some humidity today. We need the rain badly so I'm not complaining. I've never understood why people hate rainy days. I wouldn't want a week of them but it's a great time to relax and doing some comfort cooking. Misha has the relaxing part down pat. I'm cooking chili for supper and it's nice to have a warm stove going when it's wet outside. Rainy days are great for planting because the digging is so much easier and it's not like I'm going to melt or something. I'm sweet but not THAT sweet! LOL! Plus, no bugs or sunburns and the air is so refreshing. I swear plants that are planted in the rain grow better! It's the only time I get to pretend I'm a Scottish Miss walking about the misty highlands of Scotland :) Okay, we won't go there! LOL! Happy Quilting! and hurry up Miss Bunny Hill!

No comments: