Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To do lists and WOW'ed


Ever have one of those weeks when the to-do list gets re-invented every day? That's what it has been like at Red Quilts this week! And the problem is...all those items on the original list still have to be done! It irks me when I can't get my "lists" done on time. I like nice, ordered days with few ruffles. Then, there's reality and WACK! we're suddenly flying by the seat of our pants! I almost wish for the days when my boys were little and at home and the most pressing things were a full cookie jar and clean clothes. I thought I was busy then...it's nothing compared to my schedule now!

I finished my braid top and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW! I am so in love with this quilt--I will never never ever sell it, no I won't! It's just FOR ME!:) I love this fabric and the pattern was so well written and easy to follow. The photo does not do it justice. The colors are much brighter and warmer. I learned a new block and can't wait to make another one! AND, I do believe I will be offering this as a class at the local quilt shop. No dates set yet but check there for all the new classes. I hope I do alright. If you are a quilt teacher, send me all your tips for beginner teachers! Now onto the my second project waiting in the sewing room. My new little iron is a dream. It really does heat fast...like in 4-5 seconds and it produces just the right amount of steam..I'm happy! Happy stitching everyone!

No comments: