Monday, November 29, 2010

Awesomeness and Cake!

Some days are just awesome!  Some people are just awesome too!  Yesterday, hubby and I had an awesome time with some awesome people ( Connie and Kim!) And the best part!!!  I got some totally AWESOME RED MITTENS! LOL!  I totally flipped when my good friend Connie pulled these out!  I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!! Aren't they AWESOME!!  I mean....they're RED!!  The best part.....they are MINE now!  Isn't that awesome! LOL!
Okay, I know....enough with the ! and the "awesome" but these mitts just make me so happy I could cry!  Thank you thank you thank you Connie!  You're such a good friend :)  Connie, also, knits socks (which, yes, are pretty awesome too!) and I was fortunate enough to be able to procure a pair...I wore them today and my toes were as snug as bugs in a rug....aren't they pretty, too!
The mystery class on Saturday was good fun.  I can't show you yet what we made because there is still another class of students to go yet but in a few weeks I'll show you!  We had yummy cakes again--the Christmas one was made by the teacher and was so lovely it was a shame to cut it!  The chocolate was  made by my dear Mr. RQ who whipped it up from scratch 7am Saturday!  Impressive huh!  He's a keeper, that Mr. RQ!
Lots of snow here still.  Paulette made a prediction that we would get lots of snow in my part of the country and I am starting to think I need to get her to take the "curse" off! LOL!  We have enough snow now Paulette! LOL!  Got some Christmas shopping started on the weekend.  Do you enjoy Christmas shopping?

  May your Stitching Be Merry!

9 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm a sucker for red mittens and sprinkles on cake. Yummy goodness.

Anonymous said...

Hey...do you know how AWESOME those red mittens are? Such a sweet friend to make those for you!

Deb said...

I think that I would use the word awesome and !!!'s all over the place - the mittens and socks are wonderful. And the cake is so pretty!

Barb said...

Those mits are to die for!!!

Thelma said...

Those mittens are so me and would look great with my black winter coat! How lucky you are to have a friend know just what you like!

I would put up with your snow to live in a town where I could go to quilt class that served cake!

Barb said...

what fun mittems! love the frilly fringe -
The cake looks amazing. How beautiful is that?

Anonymous said...

Well now I want cake. LOL

I love Christmas shopping, but I really dislike dealing with Christmas shoppers. It seems like this time of year does exactly opposite from what it should to people. So I do most of my shopping online, anymore.

~ Meagan

Sinta Renee said...

Those mittens look like they would be so fun to wear! I love your snowmen... can't wait to see more!

Samantha said...

I just love that Christmas cake! And the chocolate cake looks really good too...