Monday, May 31, 2010

Manic Mondays

It's Monday....again....

We had a wonderful weekend with great weather, Mr. Red Quilts got the yard looking really spiffy, we had a lovely quiet BBQ on our deck on Saturday night...Mr. RQ BBQ'd small new potatoes, rack of lamb and asparagus , salad and chardonay!! It was divine...you haven't lived until you've had grilled asparagus! Looks like his watching all those cooking shows over the winter has paid off big time :)! Sunday we celebrated his and my birthdays with family over...we didn't have cake this year, instead we went with a whole "make your own sundae bar" which was just a whole bunch of sugary yumness! You don't have to follow your diet on birthdays, right??? LOL! I didn't take a photo because I just know you all didn't want to have to face that temptation and I don't want to be responsible for sending out food cravings by blog! :)

Speaking of the yard, here is my Bridal Wreath Spirea...isn't she just gorgeous!!!! This was the first
time using my flower setting on my camera. I think it must take a certain knack because my brother takes close ups of flowers and his look like calendar pictures they are so good. I tried really closeup on my Forget-me-nots.....I love this little flowers, so delicate and simple. I see a quilt there!
I am working with these fabrics from Kim Schaeffer,..they just came in last week at the shop.
I am designing a wall hanging using it..more on it later.

I started cleaning my sewing room yesterday....it really needed to have something done before I got lost in there. Of course, I seriously underestimated the size of the job and I am only about 1/3 done. My biggest dilemma was trying to decide how to organize my fabric. By color? by style? by designer? I finally decided on color with the exception of my Moda's..they will get a shelf all their own. I did find out that I had pretty well weaned out the oldies of my fabrics over the last year. Everything in my stash now has been bought in the last three years and as only quilter's can know..that's pretty darn good!!LOL! I did make a separate section for novelties and panels plus a Christmas/winter section. One little drawer for orientals...I have enough of these for a quilt ...they're really not my "thing" but were gifted to me and are really gorgeous so, of course, I will have to make something with them someday. Fan blocks would be nice, I think or little Dresden plates.

Well, no great travel adventures planned for this week! LOL...just more cleaning in the sewing room! Happy quilting..

No comments: