Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm All Thangled!

Well, I'll be thangled! Sounds like a good new expression, right!

I have joined the Buck a Block program at my local quilt shop and have experienced Thangles* for the first time. If you have never heard of Thangles then listen up! They are a fun, easy and very accurate method of paper piecing HST's using precut strips! Now how easy is that! Why didn't I think of this? I'd be like a gazillionaire by now or something! LOL I know, Thangles are not new on the market but they are new to me and with all these jelly roll strip sets on the market now with patterns to go with them, I am definitely a convert to these paper sets! Why would I spend time drawing a 3 lines when I can simply pin a piece of paper on???? Of course, I am sure I will still have the occasional need to do it the "old way" but if I can do it easier and quicker with good accuracy, hey why not!

So, here is the first block in my quilt. My fabric choice is from April Cornell......very spring like and feminine. The hand of this fabric is simply divine. I just want to sit and pet it! The colors and pattern remind me of fabric my grammie would have used. Now I have to wait a WHOLE MONTH!!! before I can take it into the shop and get my next block. I am not a very patient person....no I'm not. Thangles rating: 9 out of 10!

No comments: