Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I machine quilted this top on the weekend with my Hobby Quilter. I think it turned out really nice. The pattern is one I made up with just hour glass blocks made from fall scraps. I call it Harvest Soup.
Here's another WIP I am trying to finish up this week. The blocks finish at 6 1/2" and I still have some wool applique to stitch on tonight at our Girls Night Out sewing group.


I whipped up this rail fence baby quilt over the weekend and finished putting the borders on today. What a simple but effective block! I am really pleased with this quilt top, it has such cuteness. It will be for sale at the local quilt shop after I quilt it. My local quilt shop owner is great in letting me put things in to sell. Check out the Christmas Crab Quiltery and sign up for the free newsletter which will get you a free pattern! I love free patterns! Free anything for that mattter!LOL

I ran into some cousins at the quilt shop today that I don't get to see very often. Their mother was a great quilt friend of my grandmother's so it wasn't very long and we were fast into quilt talk. It's so great to have this quilt connection with another family member. And of course, did I have my camera with me!!?? NO! I have got to remember to take it with me everywhere because you just never know when a great blog photo op may occur!

No comments: