Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Challenge Continues

I mentioned the Coffee Can Challenge a few weeks ago. Here are the contents of the can. I spent the first week in shock! Panic, really....these fabrics are so out of my comfort zone that I couldn't even begin to imagine what on earth to make out of them. I am not even comfortable with the colors! But, I committed to this challenge, so an effort I must make! After several weeks of browsing the internet and my stash of magazines, I finally settled on a new technique using strips of fabric sewn on top of blocks to create grids or lattices. I am a very traditional quilter and this new technique is definitely not going to produce anything even remotely resembling traditional but I figure if I am going to venture out of my comfort zone, I may as well go whole hog, as they say! I started the whole process last night and was surprised to find it quite fun, actually. Now, I don't think it's going to be the next quilt Picasso but at least it will be interesting. Or, just plain ugly! Stay tuned to see how it comes together! It will be a surprise for me too! LOL

No comments: