Friday, December 23, 2011

Things that are Merry!

Old man winter has finally read my email and it's snowing outside! You know, the kinda snow that accumulates really fast.  Just in time for a white Christmas!  Yesterday, though, it was freezing rain and green, the grass not the rain :) and I'm not going to tell you how slippery this snow on top of the ice is going to make my road, which the snowplow people don't deem to be on their "priority list" lol! I need to make them a new list because the plow station is like 3 minutes from my dooryard. And if you're wondering what a dooryard is, that's the yard that is outside my door :)  

Today, I have all my wrapping to do and yep, here I am posting and not wrapping...see how much I love you all.  Okay, I hate wrapping! I'm procrastinating although I don't know what for because it's not like someone else could do it for me because then they would know what they were getting right?  Personally, I think EVERY store should offer free gift wrapping.  It would make getting ready so much easier.  Yep, you just go ahead and wrap them all, no rush, I'll just be over here relaxing with my latte and shortbread cookies!

Now on to my things that are Merry list:

Merry #1-I have finished my next block in the FQ Shops 2009 BOM Mystery quilt. I have been really enjoying making this quilt. I hope next month to get started on the connecting pieces.  This quilt should be ready by Christmas 2012 lol and then I'll be ready to perhaps start FQ Shop's 2013 Mystery BOM.  Nothing like planning ahead instead of planning behind!
 Merry#2-Getting to sleep on hand embroidered pillowcases with Santa on them! My mom made these for me last year and I just love them!  Santa's checking the list and yep, I'm on it lol!
 Merry#3-No words necessary :) Scored these at Walmart in Houlton because they don't carry them at my local Walmart!They taste Deeeviiiine:)
 Merry#4-I recently won a "scraps" giveaway from Lynne over at Kansas Troubles, whoot whoot!! This is her new line that comes out in the spring called Sandhill Plums and believe you me, the pictures don't do it justice.  It's so beautiful and check out the size of these "scraps" :)  Not that I'm complaining, no, not me! You wouldn't want these scraps now anyways because they've been petted and stroked and laid out and probably have cat hair on them and smell like Christmas cooking.....NO, you can't have them! Lynne's still doing giveaways so run over and enter!



I hope you all have lots to be Merry about this Christmas!  Enjoy the little Merries as well as the big Merries, be thankful, gives lots of hugs and most importantly, eat everything put in front of you LOL!

Happy Stitching and God Bless!

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Rain here, but that is ok, easier for people to get around than slipping in the snow;) Now that is a happy win, love Lynne's fabrics and she is so generous with her give aways.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Debbie

Sinta Renee said...

I love your new projects and your eye candy, the fabric kind, and your eye candy, the candy kind... look delicious! Have a merry Christmas Shelley!

QuiltSue said...

That new line of fabric looks gorgeous. So do the marshmallows, i've never seen them in the UK.

Michele said...

Merry Christmas Shelley!