Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Simple New Year!

What is it about a new year that gets everybody in a scramble to make big changes, new(and often useless) promises to themselves thereby setting themselves up for a guilt trip 2 months later when they've reverted to the normalcy and true version of their lives?  I never was one for New Year's resolutions or big changes....I guess because at the basic level, I am mostly happy with myself and my life.  I think a commitment to life long improvement is a much better plan...that and weeding out what doesn't work in my life.  Keep it simple is my motto!  So, no big New Year's commitments here LOL!  More of a "get'er done" agenda LOL!  Oh, I can't believe I broke down and put that expression in my blog! LOL!

Christmas came...Christmas went...lots of visiting and eating...no sewing :(
Some photos to share:
 Misha patiently waiting Christmas morning to open presents!
 You can't see me!  I is hiding under this tissue paper!
 The quilt I made for my sister for Christmas.
The quilt I made my brother for Christmas.

Plan for tomorrow...sew! sew! sew!  I am in severe withdrawal, the sewing room is a mess and I have to plan some classes.  Happy stitching!

6 comments:

Marj said...

I started back sewing today and it feels good. You'll see when you get back to it. The Christmas quilts are beautiful.
Happy New Year!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Shelly--I too agree with you and I "quit" setting new year plans a few years ago--I discovered that if I said I was going to lose 10 lbs--instead I gained 10 pounds--etc--so I just find it better to take one day at a time and enjoy it!! and for my lifestyle to just be a healthy one all year long--and what ever happens happens!!!!lol
I also did not set any quilt/sewing goals--though I did go through my unfinished project tote and I did take pictures and I did list them on my other site--!!!
Have a great year in what ever you do!!
Hugs, di and miss gracie

Michele said...

What beautiful quilts you gave for Christmas! I can't wait to get back to sewing after I put all of these decorations away :)

Riel Nason said...

Happy New Year Shelley! Your brother and sister are very lucky to get those quilts!! I haven't sewed anything since before Christmas either, but may get to today!

QuiltSue said...

My visitors left today, I'm putting the house back to normal, and tomorrow I'm planning to SEW!

I love the quilts you made for your brother and sister.

Cathi said...

Happy New Year, Shelley. I don't make New Year's resolutions either -- as far as I'm concerned, that's like setting myself up to fail.
Misha is adorable! And those are lovely quilts!